19 August 2009

Winchester '73

I'd like to do a quick translation of this Italian poster: It describes Jimmy Stewart as the "Most masculine actor of the screen." Damn, if Italians think he's manly, then he must be. Maybe my friend who thinks he's more of a babe than Cary Grant isn't a lesbian like we thought she was.

This movie is just okay. Of course, it's great to see James Stewart in anything. It's even better to see Jimmy toting around a big rifle and fighting with his brother/husband about it. Homoeroticism anyone?! It's actually not as hot as I make it sound.

Did I mention that Shelley Winters is in this? She wears a lot of plaid.

2/5 pizzas

3 comments:

  1. Brother/husband like Jack is to Meg White?

    Also, I don't know who this "friend" is, but she's totes right. Not like you're talking about me or anything....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Patriarchy would be a lot less oppressive if Jimmy Stewart was the manliest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so is it boring or what? I've been going through westerns like whoa, is this worth my time?

    ReplyDelete