19 August 2009

Them (1954)

This movie is incredibly boring for being a story about giant ants that attack a desert town. Only during a couple of scenes do we see actual ants eating people or getting burnt to a crisp. Most of the time, Edmund Gwenn and a team of investigators just ask people questions about the ants.

"Did you see anything strange?"
"Yes, officer, I saw a print. An ant print."
"Why don't you show me this ant print, son."
"Golly, officer, we have to waste at least 10 more minutes in this scene before I can show you the marking, so why don't you ask me some other questions about what the footprint looked like."

2/5 pizzas

2 comments:

  1. It's also about the dangers of nuclear waste and lady scientists! Jeeeez. Me and my gay video store boyfriend will just go watch this movie. It's called Them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called building suspense, you philistine. AND I KNOW FROM PHILISTINES!

    ReplyDelete