19 August 2009

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)

Alright, I'm already fed up with Quentin because his movies use the N word like it's no big deal. Now I have to sit through another movie and hear "Bitch" like it ain't no thang. Vivaca A. Fox should not be calling Uma a B, and vice verse. They should be best friends and lesbian separatists and join the Combahee River Collective, not kill each other! Feminism, you guys. Sisterhood -- ever heard of it?

While this movie has incredible fight scenes that are full of awesome stunts, it was very difficult for me to stomach all of the violence. I found myself cringing for most of the movie. And I barely got to see Michael Madsen at all.

3/5 pizzas

3 comments:

  1. Yet you still give it the same number of pizzas as Wet Hot American Summer. What's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, Carmel, you do not want to go down this road. Arguments over movie ratings have torn relationships apart. Please see our Film Foraging friend's review of Benjamin Button for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T MENTION THAT PLEASE ANYTIME I THINK ABOUT IT I FEEL LIKE MY BODY IS REJECTING ALL OF ITS ORGANS AT THE SAME TIME. Also nut the fuck up Nicole, it's just a movie and the violence is mad cartoony. don't be a bitch please.

    ReplyDelete