29 August 2009

Cache (2005)

Tied with Funny Games as my favorite Michael Haneke movie, Cache is a solid movie that makes you rethink your childhood to make sure you weren't too mean to any kids so as you are not haunted by it later. This is movie is really suspenseful, people. I totally eat up French movies, as you may know, but I will devour anything that involves videos, voyeurism, and scary crayon drawings. I will continue this metaphor of consumption and say that I will gorge myself on any movie with all of this good thematic stuff + Juliette Binoche. I think this is one of her best roles as the wife of Daniel Auteuil [the only French actor along with Audrey Tautou.]

Maybe the real reason I like this movie so much isn't the suspense, the thrill, the psychological torture --- but maybe the impressive bookshelf collection that the protagonists have.
5/5 pizzas

3 comments:

  1. Here's a video on Michal Haneke. I bet you haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ48tEdV2Fo&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma's bookshelf is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually probably the first movie review in history to contain a spoiler within the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete