19 August 2009

Jackie Brown (1997)

It took me a long time to see this movie, as I was a little preoccupied in 1997. I remember when my parents went to go see it though, and I was all "Who is that very ugly man who keeps making all these with guns and the N word?"

Come to think of it, Robert De Niro is lookin pretty gross in this movie too:
Yikes! You know who is actually looking great for a middle-aged person in this movie? Pam Grier. That's right. She is such a fox, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is her best role ever. Despite all the problems with racism and patriarchy in this movie, it's good to know that Jackie Brown is a really smart hero. A dollop of feminism is nice in a movie that broke the mold with the usage of the N word. Great job, Tarantino.

Plot-wise, this movie is pretty exciting. You know, is has shootings, car chases, malls, soul music, sexual intercourse, smuggling, disgusting facial hair, and a 3rd-generation Fonda.

I must reiterate that Jackie Brown is a foxy mastermind. I'm sorry that some people who do impeccable Quentin Tarantino impersonations don't really like this movie.

4/5 pizzas

1 comment:

  1. Listen, you can't go ahead and say this is her best role ever when this is the first movie you have seen with her! Documentaries with her interviews don't count, Nicole. Except maybe you have seen movies with her in it and didn't even realize, like the L word. Racist.

    Also, leave my boyfriend alone. He looks great. Always.

    ReplyDelete