06 October 2009

Funny Ha Ha (2002)

I hate this movie because it thinks its so cool inventing its own genre and using 16mm film and all. Barf. For those of you who have not seen this movie, don't. Yes, I know you'll protest and say "It's important." And I'll say "It's important for you not to watch another movie with an all white cast.

I guess the worst thing about this movie is that it is about boring folks who do lame things -- like hang out and work in temp agencies and never say anything non-trite and usually wear all-beige ensembles. Sooooooooooo boring, right? Besides taking place in Boston [a place I used to know], the only okay thing about this movie is that its protagonist is a lady.

Try harder, mumblecore. And I don't mean with movies like Mutual Appreciation.

2/5 pizzas

2 comments:

  1. yeah i saw this. andrew bujalski gotta get reminded of what a plot is, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that other mumblecore movie takes place in Seattle. We're really hittin up all the right places.

    ReplyDelete