26 October 2009

The Furies (1950)

Look at this broad. Isn't she great? I was glad to see my lady friend in this film because I claim to love her, but maybe I've only seen about five of her movies. Well, this one is a western, and as you can tell, she dresses like a cowboy -- wearing pants a lot, not riding side saddle, etc. The main plot is that she lives on a ranch called "The Furies." Her father is a big deal wealthy man who owns everything in sight. Also, maybe he wants to do it with his daughter. Ick! Too bad, papa, because she is busy doing it with everyone else. Moral of this movie: Barbara Stanwyck wants what she wants [in her words] and fucks it [my words].

I'm not a huge fan of this movie, but it definitely picks up in the second half when shit goes down between Barbara and Judith Anderson. I guess my biggest complaint with this flick is that its title - THE FURIES! - is spoken by the characters about 10,000 times within the first 45 minutes. This is off-putting for some reason. I mean, on The Wire they only say the word "wire" like five times.

3/5 pizzas

1 comment:

  1. Turns out telling someone "I want what I want and I fuck it" on the first date guarantees they don't want to go on another one with you. I'm looking at you Curious George.

    ReplyDelete