26 October 2009

Pierrot Le Fou (1965)

Ugh, another Godard movie? When will I get it an just put an end to this misery? Alright, that expression of intense suffering may be a small overstatement, but I really don't care for Godard. Maybe this makes me a naive, provincial student of cinema; maybe this makes me a decent human being. Anyway, I watched Pierrot with an open mind. Jean-Paul Belmondo + Anna Karina are probably the most beautiful French actors from this era, so that made the movie a bit more palatable.

The main idea of this movie is that JP and Anna team up and act as French Bonnie and Clyde and rob people [not banks] and sometimes sing songs. They are unsavory characters despite being total babes. That's probably the only thing they have in common besides being pricks.

2/5 pizzas

1 comment: