25 October 2009

Innocence (2004)

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this movie. I had been wanting to see it for a while since it it was written/directed by a laydee and stars grrrls. Okay, I guess I can say "girl" here because these actors are under 12 [except for Marion Cotillard who, yes, is in this.]

I guess one could call this artsy fartsy, but I would say it's just French. The basic plot, although plot is of minimal importance for Innocence, focuses on an all-girls French school where decorum, systems, and mystery abound. Maybe some people disappear, maybe some strange sexual tension always exists among the students and teachers, maybe it's a tad slow for my liking. The imagery, however, is gorgeous and the soundtrack is quite quiet, which I like. All I know is that this fortress of solitude school sounds way better than my all-grrrls high school. Yes, I admitted it.

3/5 pizzas

No comments:

Post a Comment