25 October 2009

I'm No Angel (1933)

To indulge in a lame rhyme, Mae West is the best. This was my first of her movies and she's like obviously one of the coolest ladies of the 1930s. Not only did she star in this, but she wrote both the story and the screenplay. Super rad! Playing a character that I assume she plays in most of her roles, Mae is a woman who wants what she wants and fucks it. Sorry for the expletive, Mom. As the movie progresses, what she wants is Cary Grant. They got mad sexual chemistry, people. It's pretty fun to watch. In addition to Mae being sex positive, she is smart as a whip and a witticism-producing machine. One of the movie's best is "Honey, when I'm good, I'm good. But when I'm bad, I'm better." Oh, did I mention this was pre-Code?

3/5 pizzas

2 comments:

  1. REALLY THIS MOVIE IS FROM 1993????

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that great spider web dress! i bet gwen would be jealous.

    ReplyDelete