25 October 2009

Zombieland (2009)

Much of this post will be similar to those of other interneters, especially to the ones written by folks with whom I saw the movie. As pretty much a zombie novice, I went into the theater gung ho to enjoy watching the consumption of human flesh. I was also excited to maybe see a zombie movie spoof. There are better parodies, people. We all know what they are. Unfortunately, I am biased against Woody Harrelson; I just don't like him. I was okay with Jesse Eisenberg's character, but I do think that he would be more of a believable recluse if he were a tad chunkier.

Things I liked include: celebrity guest appearances, a cowboy/girl motif, the usage of lists, and a major shout out to the brilliance of Titanic (1997) from Mr. Harrelson. Too bad these enjoyable aspects could not trump multiple occurrences of patriarchy and a mediocre plot.

Sorry, Zombieland and sorry, Jesse. I'll await your next film -- maybe it will be Tomorrowland or Frontierland.

3/5 pizzas

3 comments:

  1. Or Adventureland!

    ...oh wait.

    (I liked your Disney World joke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woody harrelson is like seinfeld - how could anyone not like him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully his next movie will be betterland. this movie can s my d.

    ReplyDelete