19 October 2009

Children of a Lesser God (1986)

Bless me father. It has been about 3 weeks since my last movie confession, but sometimes I need a small break. Plus since everyone and their holy mother has a movie blog now, I figured the internet would be okay without me. I guess it was always already okay without me. Anyway, I've watched some movies and I will tell you what I think.

As you may know, I was quite taken with a certain cheesy television show staring 8 lesbian Samantha Joneses. Naturally, I was impressed with many of the splendid actors' performances, including Pam Grier and Marlee Matlin. I was all, "Huh, I haven't seen Marlee in anything besides Seinfeld. Lemme try this." I mean, she won an Oscar for it, so maybe it would be okay.

At best, this movie is just okay. William Hurt teaches at a school for deaf teens, and Marlee is the janitor. She is also deaf. Guess what, Love overcomes all and they make it. She is a spitfire and he is earnest. Isn't that sweet? Bored!

2/5 pizzas

No comments:

Post a Comment