06 October 2009

Son of Rambow (2007)

Cute! For a person who really doesn't care for Rambo: First Blood [or at least the excerpt I could bear to watch], I pretty much liked this flick. It's basically an omage to Rambo, except starring better actors who are 20 years younger who never even heard of Vietnam. They're British blokes, too. My biggest complaint for this movie is plot related: How could two children of limited means get their hands on such a snazzy video camera?

I wish I had a British childhood where I was allowed to go outside by myself, or at least one where I had a best pal to make remakes of my favorite movies with. Instead of Sly movies, I would do the Great Escape [a picture that is actually good]. I guess I could've just done that in the dingy part of my basement by myself, playing Steve McQueen + Charles Bronson. I mean, Mike Myers plays all the roles himself . . .

4/5 pizzas

3 comments:

  1. Did you not see the part of the movie that explains how they got the video camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Myers played all the roles himself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didn't even watch all of Rambo: First Blood? What the fuck is wrong with you? That movie is so good.

    ReplyDelete