28 September 2009

Sleepless in Seattle (1993)

Another Saturday night watching a Meg Ryan movie! Nah, just kidding. That's not my life yet. I do live in Seattle, though. And I did actually watch this on a Saturday night -- not alone, like a loser, but with Carmel. She's completely obsessed with this movie and forgot how about 75% of it is barfarific.

What I do like is that this movie is directed by a lady. Unfortunately, it does not take a feminist approach to romance or relationships. Additionally, its climax is inspired by An Affair to Remember -- a mediocre yet totally tragic Cary Grant movie.

Some things I didn't like: Tom Hanks' doofy facial contortions; Meg Ryan's frumpy dungaree and khakis ensembles; my current haircut is slightly similar to Rosie O'Donnell's 1993 haircut. That's not hot!

3/5 pizzas

2 comments:

  1. I love Rosie McDonnell's character in every movie she's in. I love her as an actor.

    ReplyDelete