24 September 2009

Baby-Sitters Club (1995)


Okay, okay -- so I maybe remember more than a few lines from this movie and maybe I watched it more than once in 1995. I didn't read the books though. That would be way lame.

Anyway, here is why I kind of like [or like like like] this movie:

1. Directed by a lady! Melanie Mayron is the best actress from 1987-91 and she is my favorite character on Thirtysomething.

2. Peter Horton is still a babe! He's also from Thirtysomething, but more importantly he cares about sustainability. He loves electric cars, y'all.

3. Okay, I changed my mind. I barfed all over myself because this was so corny.

4. The only way to redeem this movie is to read it as a tale about a bunch of little lesbians exploring their sexuality at lesbian summer camp. There is a lot of flannel. Come on, people. I'm right here.

3/5 pizzas

3 comments:

  1. This is far and away the greatest film review I've ever read. I can sing the Babysitters' Club theme song, and I read like all the books (until the Little Sisters books came along, because those were dumb). Also, you know who the best actress is from 1987-1991? Marissa. Tomei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.wildpostcards.com/wp-content/slng93/2008/12/baby-sitters-club.jpg

    it's just like your other favorite show. (Baywatch)

    ReplyDelete