28 September 2009

Adventureland (2009)

I finally got a chance to catch this, and I'm glad I did! So what if it features a Replacements song in the credits? I'm not biased. I thought this was really good. Besides taking place in the 80s and sporting the talents of Martin Starr [he's the best, isn't he?], this movie actually really reminded me of Freaks and Geeks. It's kind of about relationships and making out, but it's also about depression and problems and living in a land-locked town.

Also, having just graduated from a university and having found a minimum wage job, I can totally identify with James, the protagonist. Plus I love David Bowie and Big Star just like he and Em do! Best friends!

4/5

3 comments:

  1. Here is my only problem with this movie: at the end
    SPOILER ALERT
    they do not use a condom. In New York City. In the 80's. SO THEY GET AIDS AND DIE THE END.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference about our lives and theirs is that they 1) have friends and 2) are in relationships. That is SO not like us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate kristen stewart.

    ReplyDelete