30 November 2009

The Orphanage (2007)

Here is a movie that I have never heard of, and that I thought was directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Fact: It was not directed by him, but by a dude named Juan Antonio Bayona. I liked this movie just okay and didn't really think it was that sad, contrary to popular belief. The deal is that this movie is of the science fiction drama. A lady loses her son who maybe has imaginary friends. Weird supernatural things happen, and also HIV/AIDS is important to the plot. Oh yeah, the lady's house was an old orphanage, and it's probably haunted by the trauma of past orphans. I guess watch this movie if you want. The protagonist is a pretty awesome lady [Belen Rueda], and she's easy on the eyes [not to be patriarchal or anything].

3/5 pizzas

1 comment:

  1. I was really surprised by this movie. I watched it without knowing anything about it and quite liked it. Although I didn't find it particularly sad, more scary.

    ReplyDelete